Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

John Marks

Dear John, sometimes I see you write in or read this forum. I think your last article in the 5th Element was great! I may be partial because I'm from Portland Maine, but I think Bob Ludwig is like an idol to me. I would really like to meet him and talk about stereos,you too. Your interview made me think of a Mr. Holland strikes gold story! What you really nailed was the Phase-4 records.I think I'm your age. I bought 3 Bernard Herrmann records,Phase4. This was about 1976 1 year after they were produced. I liked the one with the Mysterious Island sound track so much that years later, thinking I could preserve this recording perfect forever I bought the cd The Mysterious Film World of Bernard Herrmann, Original Master Recording on Ultra-Disc 2. This is a Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab cd disc that is gold plated and cost about 39 bucks 10 years ago. The vinyl smokes the cd...Sansui 717 integrated amp, BIC 960 Turntable with 60.00 Grado, and Dynaco A-25XL speakers,1976. My newer stuff is audibly way better. Those Phase 4 records are gems!.. John I like the way you present the facts or the story without using fairylike impish mind altering adjectives....looking forward to more 5th Element....Mark Korda

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Topic - John Marks - mark.korda@myfairpoint.net 08:30:44 09/26/15 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.