Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Editors should Edit

Hi, I hate to keep being negative but this one just hits you in the face. I just got my latest Stereophile and I went right to Herb Reicherts Chinese amp review. I had not even finished reading it before I felt the need to write.Maybe the editors should do some editing. On page 145 Herb accidently (reviews) the KEF LS50...." usually the sound of the KEF LS50 has a damped,almost metallic thickness or membrane-like quality, a hesitant or squeezed-hose restriction of musical flow,that very slightly constricts the dynamic range". Now in the same issue turn to page 121. Right there is the KEF LS50 sitting in the class A division. You do the reading, case closed?....Mark Korda P.S. I know he said that mediocre amps could not penetrate or eradicate the KEF's characteristic and the amp under review can, but what or who are Herbs mediocre amps? Anything reviewed else where in the 500 hot products recommended?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - Editors should Edit - mark.korda@myfairpoint.net 10:39:06 09/15/15 (39)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.