Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Common Practice?So

you dispute the validity of the issue, which is:

''
I certainly don't recall responding to this special offer 3 years ago - This is BS as that is something I would never knowingly choose.

Now I look at my credit card and pending is the next 3 years subscription.''

and seek to justify it as 'Common Practice'.

As a very long term subscriber to Stereophile until recently, I was truly pissed off by their distribution company which:

invites all to put card and personal details on a 3in by 2in bit of cutout and send it to them

Choose not to accept long held international addresses so that subscriptions can be renewed on the web after log in

invites you to sort out subscription problems by phoning someone (who the hell are they?) not employed by the magazine and who now says it cannot control, to provide card and address details.

It is certainly not common or acceptable international practice to administer subscriptions in this way, and I would add that I have never encountered such behaviour from anybody, including those from the US.

In contrast, Absolute Sound and HiFiNews manage subscriptions in a straightforward way.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Common Practice?So - fmak 00:14:19 09/05/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.