Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Common Practice?

I do not believe that is correct. The difference is that Amazon and Starbucks have companies established in the EU.

Stereophile and its proprietors have no EU presence nor do they "sell" Stereophile proactively to the EU. Some EU citizens (like me) choose to buy 'phile from the USA i.e we import it. Broadly, therefore, EU internal trading standards do not apply to the terms and conditions of the sale.

The sole EU interest(given that the goods are not prohibited)is that VAT and duty are payable upon the import. However magazines are zero rated (in the UK) so this is not a substantive issue here.

Having said the above the complaint concerning this thread comes from an inmate in Australia. I am unsure how the EU has become involved. Note my comment elsewhere in the thread that my recent renewal notice (sent to me in the EU) has no mention of automatic renewal.

The OP makes it clear that his situation arises from his taking part in a "special offer". There is no evidence that automatic renewal is otherwise commonplace in respect of Stereophile.

Edits: 09/04/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.