Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Here is a great website to get real information

Hi Winston,

Couldn't agree more. Fortunately the internet has allowed us to bypass the MSM. One of the best websites I've found is linked below. It is a repository of thought provoking video documentaries, many of which have been banned.

Yes, banned.

You will never see anything overtly banned, as that would draw far too much unwanted attention. Instead they simply sweep things under the rug. There are some brilliant BBC documentaries by Adam Curtis that were only shown one time and are curiously absent from the BBC archives...

Fortunately people were able to capture these on VCRs, and digital transfers are available at ThoughtMaybe. Go to the section on Adam Curtis:

https://thoughtmaybe.com/by/adam-curtis/

and all of his works are in reverse chronological order. I strongly recommend starting with his all time classic, "Century of the Self", a 4-part series that will explain how we have all been raised in Orwellian style. It turns out that "1984" actually happened in 1924, and we've all been immersed in it without realizing it...

Another great one is his most recent, "Bitter Lake". Just don't watch too many at once!

If you need an antidote that adds some optimism back into your life, take the time to watch a brilliant film, "I Am". It is an amazing film from the director of "Ace Ventura, Pet Detective", of all people. You can stream it from Amazon in 480p for $4 or 1080p for $5. Absolutely brilliant.

www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B006VEFQEE

Cheers!

Edits: 09/04/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Here is a great website to get real information - Charles Hansen 12:12:28 09/04/15 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.