Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Yes, sir.......

...forget about publishing the TRUTH, baby, it's all about the advertising revenues!

And for those REAL journalists who bravely defy the greedy, lying bastards at the top and DO tell some uncomfortable truths or facts about powerful people or well-heeled ad purchasers, they will find themselves out of work permanently, as not being a 'team player' (i.e., a boot-licking lackey whore who will print or say whatever bullshit makes the rich turds and corporate players happy, no matter how thick the lies are laid on, or how much the general public gets deceived --and possibly screwed-- by the deliberate misinformation and skewed reportage.)

And with 90% of the US mainstream media (MSM) now comprised of only six mega-corporations (e.g., Disney; Viacom; Newscorp; GE; Time-Warner; and CBS), one can reasonably surmise that the future of real, honest journalism, is long over, and that pablum horse shit and out and out corporate propaganda is only just beginning. The worst is definitely yet to come!

Publishing the unvarnished TRUTH? The US MSM? In today's world? Fuggeddabowdit!

What a bunch of greedy, lying scum bags......... :-(

And for those unaware of this, in 1983, 90% of the MSM in the US was owned by 50 companies, but with consolidation over the past 32 years, that is now down to only the 6 companies listed above. And while nothing can perfectly insure journalistic integrity (given human nature), I was far more comfortable with 50 companies controlling things, than just 6.

Variety, is, after all, the spice of life.

(And truthfully informed choice, the foundation of any real democracy.)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.