Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Mapleshade Challenge

Always liked the sound of the "ultra-thins" prior to their change over to ribbons.Followed the ribbons for many years and after the Ebony series,decided to give it up.Too fragile.
The cables are designed to be used with PIerres' speaker stands-tilting the tweeter back.I had the modded Gallos and they didn't come to life until the tweeter was above ear-level.
The "active" power cords from OM are still one of my favorites.Stumbled across them my first year at a dealership.Improved the digital first,then I noticed the analog greatly improved.A side benefit.
As far as the CDs go,I would suggest the Festival Sampler.The others tend to wear on you a bit and I have heard better performances of said material.Too much of a good thing??
With a warm tube sound,these cables are a good match.They have a subtle lean-ness.Maybe beginning around 200hz.This can add definition or make the midbass a little lean.YMMV
The cables do have a quality to them in the high frequencies that is refreshing-very little grain,very "live" sounding and very articulate .Ultrathins having the best balance,as long as the lack of shielding doesn't pose a problem.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Mapleshade Challenge - Tidycat1 19:36:14 09/02/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.