Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

My pre-amp and its microphonic valve RIAA circuit are on the same shelf.

And the turntable is on it too.

But it's a very heavy, very stiff shelf attached to the wall and not to the sprung floor.

It's a big concrete house step cast bespoke (to order) in cream concrete - with lots of PVA goop added & reinforcing steel rods inside, and it's nowhere near the speakers. There are strips of LD packaging rubber between it and its forged and welded steel wall-brackets.

Despite this effort the arrival of any heavy trucks in the street is visible in the glass of water we keep on it for this very purpose. Precluding LP playing. BTAgain, running the big upright / top-loading washing machine down the other end of the house also precludes playing LPs.

The rest of the time it's all fine! Even when the spkers are playing deep bass from LPs but around the corner.

I _think_ I was at skule the day we did science, but I'm not entirely sure about Art.

I really like his writing.

Warmest

Tim Bailey

Skeptical Measurer & Audio Scrounger

Edits: 08/25/15 08/25/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • My pre-amp and its microphonic valve RIAA circuit are on the same shelf. - Timbo in Oz 03:23:00 08/25/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.