Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Using a graphic eq is not that easy....

Just a thought:
You need to re-create all conditions of that peak. It is pretty sharp. I believe a GEQ will have a much lower q cenetered around each frequency. Remember: A feedback destroyer works by finding reaonant frequencies, and filtering them out with ultra-sharp filters. Concidered to be inaudible, but a microphone set to 1/48th or higher woukd likely pick it up. Cool, but most times too much information is no good either because we then take it and fool ourselvs things are there, or not there, that are or arent....at a single point in space, one speaker driven, and so on. The complex sum of what we hear with both channels driven, room interaction, and HRTF's does not always mean a single responce measurement is quantifiable as "good information". Its a snapshot, like the Alamo, from one direction you see majestic history, from another you see 'meriga. More important that anything, and those very few I trust can weigh everything involved, and the summation of ALL data points concidered with good, well educated coorelations formed yeilds a very good picture. I am unsure any reviewer or publisher gets it right all the time however I am always inclined, when the data seems marginal, to aire tword the human expirence.

Edits: 08/18/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.