Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

You have your opinions.

You made your opinion crystal clear. You think the reviewer is lying and are willing to pre-hurl insult anyone who thinks otherwise ("...to any thinking person...")

Rhetorically that is trying to intimidate people into either publicly agreeing with you or to be silent for fear of being labelled a "non thinking person," by you. Fortunately for me (and maybe you) I don't need your validation or approval for a sense of self-worth.

Plus I have little respect for an argument predicated on a "disagree with me and here's your insult" - that's not very nice. I know it isn't meant to be, you are trying to intimidate and insult, so that stands to reason.

And "Andrew Carnegie" I keep mixing up with "Dale Carnegie" If you make the substitution, you will probably understand what I was trying to say.

But honestly, if you want me to take you more seriously, you could try to tone it down. We likely won't agree some of the time, but that shouldn't be taken as a threat, as you seem to now. Life would be boring if it was simply an echo chamber, eh? Now, you probably don't need MY validation or approval for YOUR sense of self worth, but it might make for a more pleasant discussion.

(And yep, I was condescending right there, and here. But do consider it anyway).

====
"You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you." ~ R A Wilson

Edits: 07/29/15 07/29/15 07/29/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • You have your opinions. - Bromo33333 07:44:25 07/29/15 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.