Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Really? An IT Professional doesn't know as much as you do?

"This is a typical example of someone who seems not to know much about the relevant technology or even basic experimental design."

That statement, given the review ... I have no idea where to begin. The guy is an IT professional, and if you read the article, has had everything from a rack of prfessional gear to a simple home setup. I don't think trying to refute his experience actually washes.

But I will say with my own experience is if you find yourself unplugging and replugging cables to change the network traffic to relieve the congestion" it really means you do not have enough bandwidth and the lack of congestion will reverse itself soon enough.

I have had enough bad experiences with cheapo cables not actually meeting their own specifications that I find the availability of well build reliable cables to be a breath of fresh air.

When I upgraded to gigabit internet, I had to go back and upgrade all but one of my switches and had to go through the meddening process of cable swapping all cables that were supposed to have been meeting the same spec (Cat-6a shielded) and even cables bought from the same vendor weren't built the same and certainly didn't perform the same. I eventually got a solid throughput of 700-800Mbps throughout the house (to 1Gbps at the PON).

But I felt the review was fine. But ... if you think you know better, you would do well to put yourself out there and write your own article.

====
"You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you." ~ R A Wilson

Edits: 07/28/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.