Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Red Herring alert

Are you saying that listening to speakers at length with a variety of program materials chosen to show differences in speakers simplistic?

You completely miss what I've said. No surprise there. Your devotion to numbers and graphs is the topic of all my observations.

When someone says he/she selects speakers based on listening alone (the audiophile mantra), that implies he/she has checked out every speaker.

So, Sherlock - when you base your trust on simplistic numbers and graphs, you must be guilty of the same thing! Too funny!

You can only listen to a relatively small number of speakers out of a much larger number of speakers.

You can only view the graphs for a relatively small number of speakers out of a much larger number of speakers.

The only difference in our culling the wheat from the chaff is trusting incomplete numbers vs listener reviews. That concept evidently continues to fly wayyyyy over your head.

You like to look at numbers. I like to hear what experienced listeners observe.

Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

Edits: 06/26/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Red Herring alert - E-Stat 15:30:26 06/26/15 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.