Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Do you get goose bumps reading reviews and ads?

There are hundreds of speakers with pretensions to be high fidelity available in the world. E-state cannot listen to them all. Somehow, anyone who wants to audition speakers must find some manageable way of picking out the speakers he wants to audition. Some speakers are just eliminated due to circumstances beyond his control, some by conscious decisions. E-stat knows this but is just playing with me by picking a sentence out of context and applying it do a different context.

I don't change my equipment very often, either. I have tried to get equipment as good as needed. Going from memory, I got my preamp about 1993, my subwoofer in the late 90's, my speakers about 2005, and my CDP a few years ago and a receiver a few years ago to use as a tuner and spare amp, if needed.

My history with speakers is that I got Kef 104s in 1976, Quad ESL-63s in 1993, and Paradigm Signature S2s in 2005. While trying to choose main speakers, I got PSB Stratus Minis in 2004 with the intention of putting them in the family room, where they work wonderfully well for movies.

I use 12 gauge speaker cables I got in the 1980s, interconnects as needed, nothing expensive, as they should make no audible difference. When reviewers show they can hear differences with controlled DBTs, I will start to believe them.
-----
"A fool and his money are soon parted." --- Thomas Tusser

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.