Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Woe is you, right?

On the other hand, I never had any particular desire to have dinner with Dr. West of Soundlab. Is he a gracious host? A man of wide culture? A scintillating conversationalist?

E-stat
"I carefully researched what is available, what trusted ears have said about them and explore for myself."

Yeah, so did I. But what is available? There's the rub. There are lots of speakers that you and your folks with trusted ears never heard, some never even heard of, so however you try to put it, a lot of speakers are screened out, selected out, by various circumstances over which you had no control.

Actually, a good set of speaker measurements from the NRC (Soundstage) or Stereophile can be a very useful tool, not the only one, in deciding which speaker to screen out and which speaker to audition

For example, your prejudices about little boxes would keep you from auditioning the superb Ethera Vitae. But if anyone is interested, I have linked to some NRC measurement results.

-----
"A fool and his money are soon parted." --- Thomas Tusser

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.