Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Stereophile to review Magnepan!?....

Consumers find many practical constraints as to what they can audition. Local availability in one, and it depends on where one lives. So one is likely to be steered toward products a dealer prefers.

You really limit yourself that way? Sorry to hear that. I've traveled to both coasts of the US to audition gear and in between. I had a wonderful time when Brian Walsh hosted a meeting with the Chicago Audio Society and invited Dr. West of Soundlab. I enjoyed dinner and having many conversations with him. Along with helping out assembling the 945s for an auditioning. :)

So, the idea that one can select speakers just by listening to them ignores the whole process of how one gets around to listening to the speakers in the first place.

What on earth does this mean?

As for me, I've enjoyed auditioning a wide range of gear and meeting the principals of companies that I chose: Audio Research, VTL, Acoustat, and Sound Labs. You really need to get out more often. :)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.