Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Thanks....

No, - i didn't think that you were questioning my impressions/experiences at all... not a bad thing in any case...

It's good to seek out new experiences, and impressions vary. I've very few friends who I could go into every room at a show and have us walk out with the same impressions.

Sometimes I think that it's hard for ANYONE to formulate opinions, (let alone an opinionated fool like me), based on the "unchallenging," "safe," music that is demoed.

I always have appreciated Eveanna Manley for playing all kinds of different music that would take a system through varying sounds that really test it's flexibility.

That's writing as someone who always bring their own music to CES, and has sent amps into protection with it before..

I would say that I am an "amp" person, (primarily as a musician), I would rather spend my money on a mediocre speaker and a great amp than vice versa. Amplification isn't given enough attention in high end audio. There are 10 billion great speakers out there, and about 10 great amps: and all 10 are bloody expensive.

"Asylums with doors open wide,
Where people had paid to see inside,
For entertainment they watch his body twist
Behind his eyes he says, 'I still exist.'"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.