Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: I think Valin's observations are spot on

Nobody said Magicos were not great.

But a reviewer is not supposed to make it personal. Magico already has a national sales manager. A reviewer is not supposed to be a manufacturers advocate. They are supposed to serve the consumer.

Reviewers are partly responsible for the absurd pricing we have been seeing lately and the reason they have been the objects of scorn is many continue to endorse, defend, and even justify this pricing.

I saw this post on AudioCirlce, and I think it is very representative of the sentiment out there.

"Newport was my first show and my first time hearing a lot of the high end systems that are in magazines and have dealers. It seems I wasn't the only one that thought a good majority of the rooms at Newport were very poor sounding either resulting from improper room setup, bad sources, or just plain overrated products. A lot of people will say that as the show goes from Friday to Sunday each room will make adjustments and will sound better by Sunday afternoon.

The Odyssey room at Newport sounded absolutely fantastic from the get go. I laughed at the cost of some of the other rooms that were just ok sounding while I go in the Odyssey room and get soul satisfying sound at a fraction of the price."

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.