Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: I think Valin's observations are spot on

Stereophile should probably be flattered because when you call them out - you are acknowledging the king of the hill.

In BC - for many years the Honda Civic was the runaway best selling compact or small car being sold (it may still be). And it seemed like every time a competing car advert came on the screen it was to say that "our new "whatever" has better 0-60, or more space - or more luggage room, better gas mileage etc.

But every time I saw one I laughed because basically all those makers were conceding the that everything they put out was referencing (and thus advertising) for the other brand (Honda). Valin basically gets people to click on the Stereophile Magico review (and Wilson) or buy the copy of the issue to see what Valin is referencing. And even if people agree with Valin in the end - he still sent eyes to Stereophile more hits and made them more money. Stereophile should send him a Christmas card or something.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.