Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Here is what you are missing.....

Take a look at Art's last statement as taken from Enjoy the Music.com:

"Listener readers who hold onto their back issues will be happy to know that the September/October 2002 issue may be destined as collectibles. Unfortunately, that status comes at a price: It was our last issue.

Our owners at Englander Communications have followed the magazine's performance closely in recent months, and while subscription renewals are up slightly, it isn't enough: They have been unable to attract enough new subscribers to ensure profitability and sustain the publication over the long haul.

I would like to say that our three-year relationship with Englander was a good one, and that their circulation expertise in particular helped us to reach a bigger audience than would otherwise have been possible. This may not be an especially happy time for me or my family, but I understand Englander's reasons, and their actions have been honorable and in fact downright classy. I thank them for getting involved with this peculiar little magazine in the first place.

More to the point, I thank all our readers for buying Listener during the eight years we published it. And I'm especially grateful for the many kind letters and words of praise we received during that time. In the words of Renwick Hoeck: "Memories - eh, Stimpy?" We had a good run, it was a lot of fun, and now it's time to do something else.

Best wishes to all...

Art Dudley
Editor
Listener"

Now, by the time you subscribed, Englander had owned the magazine for 3 years. So Art was just the editor and had nothing to do with circulation. You purchased probably through a subscription clearing house - I don't remember where I sent my check to. So ascribing any bad intent to Art is wrong, he had nothing to do with it. Stopping the magazine was NOT his decision.

I do know that my subscription was picked up by "The Audiophile Voice" (googled it) and I received issues of that for about 2 years beyond Listener's demise. So where Art had some influence, he did what he could.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Here is what you are missing..... - Bob Rex 17:26:16 06/15/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.