Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Stereophile Renewal???

For the last few months I've been getting emails and notices to "pay my bill" to Stereophile....

"Thank you for your subscription to Stereophile magazine. As a special subscriber service, you can now pay your bill online! "

Problem is that I don't see where I owe them. My subscription is ending next month and this seems to me to be a new renewal tactic. I have no recollection of renewing recently, but Stereophile is implying that I may have.

I find this tactic sneaky and less than I would expect from them.

I have no problem with the magazine aside from the fact that I never read it. I've subscribed for 6 years I think and rarely have read one through. Usually, I glance through them and set them aside. May 2015 is sitting on my desk a foot away and has been for a month or more.

The only reason I renewed last time was because they made it so damn cheap; like 3 year for $10 or something like that.

I just unsubscribed from the emails and will toss out the letters. If I took the time to read the mag, I probably would renew, but since I've read like 2 in the past 3 years, I'm going to face reality and pass.

Andy

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Topic - Stereophile Renewal??? - orphanstereo 14:37:22 06/10/15 (25)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.