Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

As DAP wrote, the RCL should be considered a "loose ranking"

of every component reviewed (BTW, I'm pretty sure I've read at least a couple of JA's measurement sections wherein he wrote that he could NOT recommend the DUT). And, the list does include a "$$$" for components considered to deliver exceptional performance for the price.

""Excellent" should mean the top 10% performers within any particular component/price category"
Meh, most audiophiles are on a budget and will look for the best-sounding product they can afford. The RCL lists the relative (and subjective) rating, regardless of price and gives you the price right after the product name. As I see it, the RCL helps you define your short list of products to audition for yourself. I suspect most readers are plenty smart enough to figure it out for themselves (ie, I think your proposed scheme of ranking within certain price points would be LESS helpful). YMMV.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • As DAP wrote, the RCL should be considered a "loose ranking" - Beetlemania 14:29:48 05/11/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.