Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

OK, but on the whole, I disagree with the characterization of the Bricasti review as "negative"

At the end of the day, listening (as far as I can recall) only to vinyl, and further, (as far as I can recall) listening only to single-ended phono stage or stages, and also (as far as I can recall) listening only on one pair of speakers (that only the 1% can afford), Michael Fremer, as is his right and duty, stated that the sound of the Bricasti amps was not to his liking.

MF did not say they burned down his house.

MF did not say they emitted high-pitched noises that made his dog or dogs barf.

MF did not say they crapped out and gave up.

As far as I can recall, he said he preferred more "metal" in the sound.

OK!

I prefer Chardonnay to almost every unblended Sauvignon Blanc I have ever tried. Now you know!

Whereas in the number of years I have been reading Stereophile (since circa 1973--the Pembroke library had a subscription), the Bricasti M28's square-wave graph was the purtiest picture I have ever seen in a Measurements section.

And the distortion measurements would have been inconceivable at the time I started burning myself with soldering irons.

So, with 'bated breath, I for one await JA's remarks, because then, Rome will have spoken and all controversies will be ended.

Um, that was ironical.

ATB,

jm

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.