Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

That happens--rarely, but it happens.

One case in point, perhaps ironically enough, is that I heard (using headphones only, but also using tracks I had recorded) Bricasti's M1 DAC at a pro audio show and asked for a review unit when they were ready. I wrote up the Bricasti M1 in my column. I was knocked out.

My recollection is that when I sent the M1 to John Atkinson for follow-up measurements, he was so impressed that he turned what I assumed was to be a follow-up into a complete review, and the Bricasti M1 was shown on the cover of that issue.

There was one other case in my experience when this happened, IIRC it was the Vivid B-1 loudspeaker, which again I covered first and then JA was so impressed he gave it a full review and IIRC it also was on the cover.

I don't recall whether JA did a full review of darTZeel's NHB-108 that I had first covered, but I do remember laughing out loud when I read in the Measurements that due to a test-bench mishap, "the transistor performed as designed, blowing itself up to save the fuse."

Or words to that effect.

JM

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.