Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: PS! I never said that the panels had astonishing bandwidth

I believe what you are proposing is a helmholtz resonator, but that type of trap would be tuned to a particular frequency and not have the stated bandwidth except with a greater degree of variation in construction than is described by this product in question.

And I am not saying its impossible to treat these frequencies, just that this product is bending a lot of rules to do so and, given their size and shape, would require a lot of novel and new design to do so that I am not familiar with.

And I am under the impression that the description of how the design is accomplished happens to go beyond marketing-speak into pseudo science.

Now, Mr. Marks is saying that this doesn't matter. He installed them and they had some effect, he's happy and thinks you should purchase them too. End of story.

And I think it calls into question what the reviewers responsibility is in reviewing and recommending a product and what Stereophile's editorial policy is in this regard.

Experience is a dim lamp, which only lights the one who bears it.
--Celine

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: PS! I never said that the panels had astonishing bandwidth - AAG 09:06:45 03/22/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.