Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: PS! I never said that the panels had astonishing bandwidth

It has to do with their placement flush to the wall and quarter wave theory for controlling frequencies.

In his 2014 column where he recommended them he states that they affect frequencies from 1Hz to 160kHz.

So, you would think in the time between that column's publication and the most recent, it could have been better explained beyond a rehash of vague references to 'Quantum' and 'Mandelbrotian realities' which don't do much to aid the reader in his or he decision to purchase said panels or clarify how they have gotten around conventional acoustic theory.

And your point that I don't know what is in them is extremely valid and part of why I questioned Mr Marks on the subject. But apparently he doesn't know either. The difference between he and I at the moment seems to be that he doesn't care and doesn't feel it necessary to know in order to evaluate the product. And my pointing this out is apparently a hostile act.

And I quote from Mr. Marks' column from 2014:

"Their audacious claims for their ZR Acoustics room treatments (patent pending) include that the acoustical panels, which range in thickness from 3/4" to about 4", can control sound in a range from 1Hz all the way up to three octaves above the range of human hearing, ca 160kHz.

Obviously, such claims fly in the face of conventional "quarter-wave theory." Designer-inventor Hanson Hsu says that his mission is to drag architectural acoustics away from the Newtonian billiard-ball model and base it instead on quantum and Mandelbrotian realities. DHDI's technique for radically increasing the number of nonparallel surfaces in a panel "employs fractal and tessellation mathematics hybridized with chaos theory." "
Experience is a dim lamp, which only lights the one who bears it.
--Celine

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.