Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Audio is now Boring , what is there to read ..?

I have a friend who used to have the WA X1 (series 1) and it sounded GREAT with a 30 watt KR audio VA350i. I mean really amazing and up to that point I hadn't heard WA sound anything like I would want to own. Keep in mind the original was 95db/watt and a pretty easy load as well. We were playing Kodo drums loud enough to feel it in the gut!

There is a good reason WA demos a lot with LAMM...tubes and WA big speakers work. Only the Watt/Puppy was not such a good match because it has a wonky and low impedance that made it tough on some tube amps (stil the best I heard from that speakers was a W/P 7 with Lamm ML1.1 90 watt push/pull triode amps).

Did a bit of a shootout today. A fried of mine came over with his KR VA350i (was mine...sold it to protect the baby) and we compared it to my NAT Symbiosis on my Odeons. Well, the KR is the superior of the two amps on that we both agreed. More low level resolution, more space between instruments and more 3d imaging. Nicer highs and nicer bass too. Breathed more. However, listening in isolation we agreed that both amps sound excellent and do most things right...just the KR was more right. Put the two amps on a more difficult speaker it might reverse...but I doubt it as I put that KR on everything and it just delivers. Then NAT also needs like 2 hours of playing to "get there" and the KR is full on by 30 minutes. Sigh...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.