Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Tekton Design Lesson

Hi, I finally learned how to make better use of speaker reviews in magizines. Case in point was Stereophiles new review of the Tekton Design Enzo XL. This was reviewed by Herb Reichert. His review was so positive that I thought all other speaker reviews would become a moot point. Made in the US,5 year warrantee,96 db effciancy,flat to 30 hz,400 watts capability,all for 2,100 a pair. I thought this might anger other companies and reviewing editors as Herbs review might be the end all of all reviews.Then I read the measurements by John Atkinson which I have to say I generally skip. No more. The measurements brought things a little back to earth as did Eric Alexanders,the inventors comments. JA's knuckle rap test did it. I now better understand trade offs.It kind of explained to me why there are some speaker companies that will go as far as making a (fiberglass boat hull) for an enclosure,like the Rockport line that cost into the six figure range and others that go the Tekton route.Herbs article was a great read as was Art Dudleys on SE amps.I would also love to see a demonstration on using a PONO player.I hope You Tube has something on it. Great issue this month.....Mark Korda

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - Tekton Design Lesson - mark.korda@myfairpoint.net 09:32:28 03/15/15 (42)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.