Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: I was silenced, years ago, on a panel, for trying to say something similar.

I guess you have missed supply and demand. To make things no one wants is not a good business model...i.e the Edsel. People want and need things and the market exists and is filled by manufacturers. Without audiophiles the high end would not exist, thus no manufacturers. The magazines exist to let those interested know what is out there so you might be enticed to buy their product over something else. it is now about choice, not about creating a market. Edison created a new demand and over time learning to play an instrument for music entertainment was replaced by turning the radio on.

The markets shifts in terms of portability has certainly changed and will continue to. Audio over USB was a game changer, as before, digital outs from our computers was mostly an afterthought. Not any more.

If there was no us, there would be no Stereophile. Just think of how many brick and motar stores there would be if there was no internet.
Jim Tavegia

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I was silenced, years ago, on a panel, for trying to say something similar. - jamestavegia@gmail.com 05:40:21 03/09/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.