Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Ask...

"An editor's customers are the magazine's readers."

This is the only place we would disagree. You yourself have state that subscriptions won't even pay the electricity bill. Advertising revenues fund your payroll, rent, and production costs.

Now WHO are you are customers again?

And let me clarify this. I have never made any claims here that reviews in Stereophile are in ANY way inaccurate, misleading, or intentionally slanted. I do have issues with methodology and format which I personally consider antiquated. But that is just me.

What we do have, is human nature, which is to be just a bit kinder to our friends. The clients we socialize with. The clients that write us checks.

Before you think I am going in a certain direction..UNLIKE some of the posters here, I don't think you are doing ANYTHING the least bit unethical, or inappropriate. There, I said it.

The magazine is run like any other business, as it SHOULD BE, and it is ultimately well done entertainment with some product information thrown in. Your writers, and NO audio writers a really journalists, they are not uncovering NSA spying or are on fact finding missions to Syria. All good. They are columnists by definition.

I have gone on record with my position, if anyone actually cares.

Edits: 03/06/15 03/06/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Ask... - Sprezza Tura 07:41:49 03/06/15 (12)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.