Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

My younger brother is a singer song writer...

Who gigs in the KC area...alternative Smashing Pumpkins, Failure type stuff...all original material...

He flew a producer into KC to record in his basement his next CD...very lo-fi...everything was tracked in 4 days...

He will press redbooks, BUT his audience is ear buds and desk tops...they don't care...

He just sent me the first track, MP3 of course, I put on my ear buds, listen to it about a dozen times in a row and just type my thoughts as I listen...we have been doing this for years...we share a very similar sonic vocabulary...I really enjoy this...I ran live sound for years...he likes good sound, but I love good sound...my big rig cannot play MP3...so I typically do not get a CD until it is 100% complete...

All that being said, there is NO money in it...he has a good day job, no vices and he is fine financially...so this is his passion and hobby...

The CD's he sells after gigs are Redbook Basement recorded and Mastered out of house, but he gets far more downloads from his website...all MP3's...

"We", Audiophiles are not his crowd...

lesserhasbeens is the name of his band if you are in KC in March, quite a few gigs...They were voted by a local rag as the band of month for February...big stuff in his world...

We are not going to save the music business...not even close...very very few to pass the torch to...just my $.02...
Thanks
Mark

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • My younger brother is a singer song writer... - Mark Man 18:34:57 02/27/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.