Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: You're quite the little spin doctor, Rick W …

Thanks for your respectful note, Mr Batch68.

I've been a member of AA for perhaps 15 years and I have no problem abiding by others rules and ethics (so long as they don't conflict with my own). Going from enthusiast to product launch and back again, well, there's no 1-stop shop set of procedures to properly put up my tent nor tear it down. In other words I was and am ignorant about some of this stuff. But since ignorance is a choice, I'm ultimately to blame and I apologize for that.

I'm certainly well aware there are many who look for every opportunity to cleverly and even not-so-clevely plug their own gear. When discussing performance in these forums , I usually try to limit my topic of discussion here and elsewhere to proper line conditioning and proper AC mgmt for at least the following reasons.

1) To avoid the appearance of shilling. Even though it seems everybody is shilling something, whether it be product, concepts, IQ's, bling bling, charisma, etc.

2) Even though proper AC mgmt can be a very substantial performance gain when properly executed, it still pales in comparison to proper (extreme) vibration mgmt. (no plug intended). But since most audiences seem unable to put their arms around even the very basics of the lesser proper AC mgmt, there's no reason for me to even mention the greater proper vibration mgmt. (I've already banged my head against that wall so many times, it started to feel good).

Of course, then I meander over to the Tweaks category where I hear some downright outlandish statements about vibration control, electrical vs. mechanical break-ins, etc. and well, it becomes a real struggle sometimes.

And no I won't be sharing ideas about my racks. But I'm always happy to to discuss concepts, logic, common sense, laws of physics, and especially performance with reasonable enthusiasts who seem genuinely interested in extracting greater levels of musicality from their systems.

Anyway, thanks for your note and I better appreciate where you're coming from.

BTW, does this mean you're not going to petition AA to start a new category entitled, "Industry Ethic"? I was kinda' looking forward to that one. I can think of a few unrelated threads I'd probably want to start. :)

Edits: 01/12/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: You're quite the little spin doctor, Rick W … - stehno 21:38:13 01/12/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.