Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Rick W if you're gonna' accuse me, at least be accurate...

Rick W. I may be touting technology but I'm not touting my products as I ain't got none to tout. So if you're going to accuse me of violating some ethics, at least be accurate.

Perhaps AA should include a box to check "former mfg'er".

Show me one place on this website or any other for that matter where I've tried to sell anybody anything I've mfg'ered in the past few years.

Nah, I gave up trying to sell in this industry when I realized nobody really gives a rat's behind about real performance (unless they're typing in a forum) and when the only thing visitors at my exhibiting rooms could muster was, "How much for the speakers?" even after explaining the technology to them.

My website stays up because I'm proud of my efforts and the performance levels I've accomplished (and that nobody else has or may ever acheive) and continue to improve on in my spare time. And I'm certainly not going to "hide my light under a bushel" simply because at one time I mfg'ered 5 racks and still own 3 of them.

But I do continue to tout the technology and its performance especially when others make silly or outlandish performance claims. I don't think I ever volunteer it. But when a poster says something nonsensical or something is impossible or when somebody says something about vibration control that defies the laws of physics, would you guys prefer that I lie? Am I helping anybody if I know the answer to a question but remain silent? Would that be ethical?

And Hawkmoon, the mass loading I'm currently employing is roughly 1000 lbs. of compressive force on my little amps. Like I said in that meet up announcement, "In all my 12 years of R&D, the most important thing I've discovered is that extreme results can only occur from extreme efforts. Never by half-assed or token efforts." And what I do is far from just mass loading.

Perhaps I need to take that mindset to a more appropriate performance-oriented industry.

BTW, the last thing that I designed and mfg'ered was a new prototype about a year ago? Could I interest any of you to replace your mufflers with a variable tuned exhaust apparatus? :)

Edits: 01/08/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.