Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: I agree that with today's best DACs, the sound quality of many Red Book CDs is scary-good

I can't really disagree with you, JM, however, we're talking apples and oranges here.

You didn't google for the link so you wouldn't know what I've accomplished or the technology I was demonstrating.

With over 280 distinctly audible improvements (and still counting) with my humble but well-thought-out 2-ch. 2-component system (an estimated 120 gains just with the amps over a 5 month period and no internal mods except for cryo'd fuses), just like I said to the original poster, I can just as easily say to you or perhaps anybody else;

"I'm confident that I can easily demonstrate that even on your system's best day, you still are only hearing roughly the equivalent of all the music info embedded in a well-engineered MP3 recording if not less. And that's regardless of your preferred format or how SOTA-level you think your playback system might be. Simply because universal performance-limiting governors care little about the quality of your system or format."

Edits: 01/07/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.