Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: You're late and have no desire to read the posts?

"...getting kind of lazy in your old age, eh sport?"

Guilty, dear boy. But in this particular case I think "indifference" would be more accurate. Since the sine qua non of the subjectivist position is that listeners really hear what they claim to hear and are not delusional, I was merely curious as to why hundreds of hobbyists achieved splendid results with this speaker while a professional reviewer did not.

You attribute sloppy editing as partly responsible for the reviewer’s difficulties, but, again, hobbyists seem to have coped with that “problem” while achieving great results, whereas it was just too much for the reviewer to overcome. As for “tweaking the placement,” are you suggesting this was done without disclosing that fact to listeners? If so, anyone wishing to receive maximum benefit from this speaker in his room would probably hit upon the correct positioning eventually, through trial and error. Assuming he cared enough to expend the effort.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: You're late and have no desire to read the posts? - regmac 12:37:30 12/21/14 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.