Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Thanks for ongoing humor!

JA performs a number of different measurements on the Bryston 7B SST2, including a square wave measurement.

Yeah, that tells us absolutely everything about the performance envelope, doesn't it? LOL! It does, however, rule out switching amps since you always see considerable "fuzz" on their plots.

As for the inadequacy of using sine wave for measurements, you are whistling in the wind as far as I can tell.

And we already know you can't *tell* very far. I really don't understand such a persistent reliance upon such sketchy and incomplete metrics. At the expense of confusing the issue with facts, let's revisit what JA says about the "scope" of measurements with the review of the Ayre KX-R Twenty line stage:

All of the first-order sonic attributes—frequency balance, linearity, lack of coloration, etc.—are beyond reproach, which means one needs to focus on such higher-order qualities as the presentation of the soundstage and the accuracy of the imaging, neither of which can be measured.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Thanks for ongoing humor! - E-Stat 16:48:15 12/12/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.