Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: BTW

You evidently did not bother read the link very carefully.

E-Stat:

"And since your link requires car amplifiers , is that also part of your criteria?"

Richard Clark:

"NOTE 1 (from conditions 2 & 7) This test mentions 12v and "car" amps only. The test originally began with home/studio type amps and was revised in 1994 for the car audio industry. This version dated 2005 is again expanded to include 120 Volt home/studio/commercial type amps."

You may make baseless claims about a switching device all you want, but if you want a really invalid test, it is a sighted audition, where you can identify the different amplifiers before playing anything, before even turning them on!

If you don't want to use an ABX switcher, then don't.

Somehow, you offer no reason to give any credence to reviewers who claim to hear differences between accurate amplifiers and other electronics by doing sighted auditions.

Of course, using different pieces of equipment is often a good way to form preferences.

Accurate amplifiers would be those that have flaws below known thresholds of hearing.

I think what really gets the goat of many people is that some of us simply don't believe they can hear everything they say they can.

-----
"A fool and his money are soon parted." --- Thomas Tusser

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.