Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Oh come on.

IIRC, for many years, JA no longer listed his Linn in his "Associated Equipment" box when doing reviews and only in the last few years has he put it back in. Hence my reference to "doing what the cool kids are doing". Do you really think it sees much use? I think JA is a great managing editor and general "man at the tiller" for the ship that is S'Phile and I admire him for many things. His measurements of digital equipment and his opinions about the relative merits of DACs are not among them. On a separate but related topic, disparaging AD for being fond of distortion is classic and demonstrates the level of ignorance here. There's distortion everywhere-in the recording, in digital reproduction, in the transducers we call loudspeakers, in solid state and tubed amps. It's a matter of which distortion is truly doing a disservice to our enjoyment of music. Accuracy is not just a holy grail, it is an illusion, literally and figuratively.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Oh come on. - FSonicSmith 08:59:11 11/24/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.