Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Art Dudley - Listening, Nov. 2014

Yup. High School is sooo hard for special needs kids: how do you balance appreopriate inclusion with substantially separate (and possibly appropriate) programs, in a time of Common Core Curriculum/Standardized testing and Annual Yearly Progress: the Education DeForm Movement. Professsional development funds go down the tubes and stupid, waste of money - everyone gets an ipad - dominates. With funding slashes, both sped and regular ed suffer. what the hell is supposed to be done in terms of meaningful education? in terms of limited english proficient learners, there is no more transitional bilingual education, only esl and immersion. my god!. of course, you are right, transitional IEP teams should have their heads examined re regular ed placements. if parents were educated, they would reject their kid's IEP; but parents have bought into common core fever, to their kids detriment. So you attempt to split your time between a resource room ( insufficient time) and a regular ed classroom that doesn't meet kids instructional/curriculum needs. you probably have too few sped staff attempting to work with too many kids and regular ed teachers. I remember this situation as an Educational Team
Leader and Administrator all too well....and it has gotten worse. Well state have bought into an education nightmare, and it affects all levels of schooling. Thank You Bill Gates and your ilk for selling fools gold. Finally, sometimes all one can do is to attempt to live by the dictum, "Do no harm. I feel for you, Jim, as you attempt to keep your nose above water.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Art Dudley - Listening, Nov. 2014 - lord addleford 08:54:26 11/22/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.