Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Art Dudley - Listening, Nov. 2014

Learning and educational issues are where you should be heading, not commercial neuroscience offerings. Without taking up too much space, learning issues begin in school. You must have discussions with your child's teachers and listen to what their point of view. Depending on what they have to say, then further educational assessments and evaluations may be appropriate. The school is mandated to provide meaningful accommodation(s)for him access education,if he has a handicapping condition (See, Section 504 of the Civil Rights Act.

Should you request a Special Education evaluation, which involves educational testing and other assessment required to determine the nature and extent of the educational issues, the school must explain the evaluation process in writing, which requires your written approval prior to initiating the evaluation process, as well as a copy of your due process rights.

I have taken your posting at face value and as a Special Education administrator and teacher for over thirty years, provided you with a compressed sequence of useful actions that you can explore. Taking a course in neuroscience is of no use in helping you to understand and take next steps on your son's educational issues.

Don't forget your parental rights and the obligations of the public school. If your so attends private school, only Section 504 is applicable.

Best of luck.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.