Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: December Stereophile - Allnic D-5000 DHT

What I might take from all of this is that we each can prefer a sound that is not state of the art, or measures well, but still want to own, which we all have a right to do. How many people love tube gear that doesn't measure state of the art? Way to many to count.

If we all looked at our systems and had to throw out pieces that didn't measure well, first I would have no gear in my house, and each of you would be throwing something out. I overlook many sonic flaws in my gear every day. I listen to what I can afford.

But, if I knew something measured badly, I would never buy it at any price. It may sound good, but I'm not going to be a customer. 320 k mp3s don't sound necessarily terrible, but I don't listen to them as I know there is much better and time is too short to listen to bad stuff, gear or music.

I love AD's writing and JA's measuring, but I must tell you that when they measure speakers at AD's house that huge dip he has in the upper bass drives me crazy to look at those graphs and the money he has in his system to not want someone to "fix his room". Must not bother him.
Jim Tavegia

Edits: 11/13/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: December Stereophile - Allnic D-5000 DHT - jamestavegia@gmail.com 17:15:38 11/13/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.