Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: December Stereophile - Allnic D-5000 DHT

December already! I've only just finished getting through the November edition.
This is not a new situation, I can recall Michael Fremer waxing lyrical about a couple of components that turned out to measure poorly. And also Art Dudley, he very much liked the Audio Note CD player and the Lector DAC that were poor on the bench.
The main concern I have with bad measurements is do they show that the component has been deliberately designed to be euphonic or, has the designer just no idea what he/she is doing and the good sound is fortuitous? Otherwise, I don't think there should be concern over anyone's credibility but I do get concerned over JA's sanity in trying to reconcile the differences! What I suggest is that JA listen to the poorly measuring piece - if he agrees it sounds great then he can close up the lab and spend more evenings with the family. If he thinks it sounds bad then just sack the reviewer. Easy solutions!

13DoW

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: December Stereophile - Allnic D-5000 DHT - 13th Duke of Wymbourne 16:37:05 11/13/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.