Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Really?

I have many readers, who lament that all this computer audio is "soulless." Many of these veteran audiophiles are good at setting VTA, dialing in tracking force, balancing anti-skate, adjusting azimuth, and twiddling the phonostage settings. But even these guys, who have endured that torture for decades, sigh about file types, sample rates, storage devices, playlists, backup drives, et. al.

Although I'm an aging boomer, I've found that "soulless" computer audio has allowed me to spend more time listening to music and - rediscovering music I had forgotten I had via random play and lists. Would you rather spend 10% of your listening time shuffling disks in and out of pre jitter-free CD players?

If the *magic* of the musical experience is constantly having to futz around with tonearms, count me out. I still have to deal with that periodically with a Souther and a SME, but that's not where my enjoyment lies.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.