Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Do you really care about suggested components?

Joerosen's colorful and prolific rants below gives hints of considerable expertise. I, for one, would be interested in him doing an "Arthur Salvatore," in which he puts together a system and defends it. I hope that he could do this with current, real world components, not unobtainable relics from the past.

Or perhaps he feels he couldn't--that today's components are too compromised. That would be sad indeed.

I too have fond memories of my past systems (over 60 years). Too often have I been seduced (seduced: poor choice of words; it makes me sound like a victim when I was an eager participant)by the new. Again and again I would fall out of love with my new gismo right after I had sold the old. Worse, rather than admit my error, I would bend around the rest of my system to make up for the new gismo's shortcomings. (Does any of this sound depressingly familiar?)

Only recently have I reachieved (and now surpassed)a level of fidelity I (think I)had in the mid 70's and I am pretty happy with what I have now.

So, joerosen, is there any hope? What's a poor audiophile to do today?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Do you really care about suggested components? - throwback 06:49:41 10/02/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.