Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

quick gloss

Well, for one thing, some of his diatribe against audiophiles rings true...like they don't seem to realise that what they're hearing happens between the ears, and half the time, all kinds of things besides what's actually in the equipment is affecting the 'sound they hear' - looks, preconceived opinions, buyer's remorse based on the price, buyer's need to rationalise a purchase, confirmation bias, etc, some received wisdom on the internet, etc.

And the need to 'upgrade' all the time, like a bunch of equipment junkies. Meanwhile the pleasure in the music goes by the wayside.
And, of course, most reviewers are basically paid equipment junkies who can't get enough of the lastest and greatest. Which has nothing to do with music.
I'm not quoting him, just the basic direction.
I read a review of the Musical Fidelity M series amplifier, seemed OK to me and well written.
So what's the problem with reviewing old stuff? Some of it sounds as good as good as the new stuff, and costs less.
Didn't say I was contributing to his site. Probably on the whole better idea to contribute to this site.
Cheers

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • quick gloss - Tom Schuman 13:49:11 09/08/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.