Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Heads I win, tails you lose....

Suppose the experiment shows sufficiently strong results that one doesn't need not worry about the statistics. This will only show that the two files sounded different when played back on available equipment. This does not show that the lower resolution format is audibly inferior, because it is possible that the difference was caused by a poor format conversion. In addition, and this is a little harder to take, it may be that the differences that people hear are not actually on either of the two files, but are caused by differential artifacts in the playback chains and with better equipment the actual differences would not have been audible.

I will be very surprised if the usual die-hard "everything sounds the same" people change their tune. They are on record as sticking to their guns even when their own study shows differences exist (as was the case with amplifiers).

Tony Lauck

"Diversity is the law of nature; no two entities in this universe are uniform." - P.R. Sarkar

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.