Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

I would doubt whether what we think matters a great deal...

We don't have the statistics as to what drives eyeballs to 6Moons' site. I'm guessing it's a combination of Google (see link below), where just about any query on a branded audio product returns 6Moons review on the first page, and traffic driven from Equipment Manufacturer and Dealer web sites based on the largely positive reviews to be found on the 6Moons site.

If I'm right, the changes will matter little to the folks whose eyeballs arrive on the site.

The long-term economic impact for Srajan is quite another thing altogether. I had to chuckle a bit in reading Srajan's post below as he admonished a poster who suggested he made the change after carefully polling his advertisers as well as his non-advertizing manufacturers who send product to him for review.

Srajan suggests he made no such polling, but made an 'executive decision', as one would expect an executive to do. In truth, that's more as executives DON'T do. It may be how owner/operators do, but if one works as an executive for a corporation or for shareholders and a BofD, that ain't how it's done. ;-)

First they came for the dumb-asses
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a dumb-ass

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I would doubt whether what we think matters a great deal... - Ivan303 09:36:38 07/24/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.