Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Don't bring up the word "professional" to Americans...

Well, as a 40+ year old I probably hear a lot more like one of the aforementioned reviewers than a 15 year old girl and my tastes and generational likes and dislikes are probably a lot more in line with the "old boys" than the young girls.

Also, you are underestimating what the brain is doing in the hearing process. That limited HF extension is irrelevant because the brain has a pretty amazing pattern recognition system that means it is adjusting all the time to the input data.

I have no doubt that there are 15 year olds out there who can outperform me in a whole host of tasks...but out-observing me is probably not one of them. It is a big part of why I became a scientist in the first place and I now have decades of honing my observational skills and testing them agains the later outcomes. Same for my audio listening. Hearing something is one thing...assigning importance to it something completely else.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.