Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

You Could Always Get A Haircut And Get A Real Job..........

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with your decision - Hey, it's your business and you can run it as you wish.

I can sympathize with your situation in that you work long hours with little or no compensation at times. Most small business owners do the same.
I have friends that own and operate small businesses and they have 60 hours logged by the 4th day of the 6 day work week.

Maybe, just maybe reviewing audio gear would be best left to trust funder's, or those with spouses that make the "dough". Think about it; Those in a very comfortable financial position would be less likely to need, or be corrupted by a few bucks from a designer/manufacturer.

I personally don't believe it is your, or anyone elses "right" to make a good living at what you love to do. God knows that there are many, many days and nights that I really don't feel like going in to work to get on a train and take it from point A to B. I do what I do because;

1) I have 3 kids.
2) A mortgage.
3) College tuition (for the kids).
4) Great medical, dental, and eye coverage.
5) A good retirement.
6) A good pay check.
7) 6 weeks vacation per year.

Do I love my job? No.
Do I like my job? Most days.
Do I need my Job? Hell yes!

I think that most people are in the same boat as I, and would agree with me.

I sincerely wish you well and hope you succeed with your new business model, however, if it is a flop you may want to seriously consider the lyrics of George Thorogood - "Get a haircut and get a real job."

Edits: 07/22/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.