Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: ATM SCM7 vs KEF LS50

Well Bill I'm the odd duck who has prefrred the KEF with SET ampifiers (albeit the Line Magnetic 219IA is a vey powerful and hefty 24 watt 845 SET). The LM dealer in Hong Kong runs his trusty ATC 100 speakers with them. They don't sell any SS amps.

I'm in the process of reviewing my KEF LS-50 and basically been comparing it to my Audio Note AX Two ($1200US) for the past 6 months. And I have not been able to come up with a definitive winner. Each does something I like better than what the other speaker does (review is coming with direct comparisons). And the AX Two is an older (came out in 2001 but still selling) complete under the radar "no name" speaker in comparison so the moral of the story is you have to listen. The Legacy Studio HD is about the sme price and I am sure it brings something to the table as well with the 8 inch woofer ribbon tweeter combination. So many speakers out there and thus choosing a so called champion is silly.

I will say that the KEF/AX Two are my favorite standmounts under $1600. The ATC SCM 11 would make the lengthy runner up list though along with the Roksan TR-5. Roksan has a new impressive looking standmount (don't know the price though but looks significantly mroe upscale than the TR-5)

Edits: 06/04/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.