Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Could you do a review of a borrowed product?

Not sure that is fair. Stereophile has a policy - Magnepan doesn't want to play by the policy which is fine because the measurements will concern Magnepan because they don't look good (not for the ridiculous reason Magnepan gave but then what are they going to say - "our speakers' measurements are atrocious and we don't want people to see that" of course not.

Stereophile has said they have trouble measuring certain speaker designs - so what Magnepan should have done was provide their own measurements suite to Stereophile and they could publish both. Or write a manufacturer's comment directing people to a link with their measurements.

There are thousands of speaker makers out there that would be happy to follow Stereophile's policy - even the makers who disagree with the way Stereophile does their measurements. Heck every SET maker who sends a SET amp to them knows their amp is going to come out looking bad compared to $400 Solid State receivers.

I don't think people who buy SET or for that matter Magnepan are all that interested in measured performance.

But that's an argument to made to Magnepan not to Stereophile.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.